HOME
INTRO
HISTORY
FAMILY STORIES
EMIGRANTS/ DESTINATIONS
CHURCH RECORDS
CIVIL RECORDS
HOMELAND VISITS
OLD WORLD RECORDS
END NOTES
history
  • History

  • Maps

  • Reference Points

  • Resources

  • Pielgrzymka

  • Klopotnica

  • Wola Cieklinska

  • Folusz

  • Huta Samokleska

  • Klopotnica is a small village which, for most of its existence, had fewer than 200 inhabitants. It recently was made part of the larger adjacent village of Pielgrzymka. The primary records we have of Klopotnica are 1787 Austrian cadastral records and an 1883 description in the Slownik Geograficzny almost 100 years later. Village surnames listed in the early cadastral records are Danilo, Drahan, Kiczera, Klimacz and Smarz. All of these names are represented in the immigration records form the four villages in our Emigrants/Destinations section of the site.

    Klopotnica is described in the second document, the Slownik Geograficzny, as "a byway on the way to Dobrynia…. situated in a forested region." The Geograficzny also describes Klopotnica in 1883 as having 164 Greek Catholics inhabitants who belonged to the St. Michael the Archangel parish in "Perehrimka." Other parish data (Blazejowski) lists 119 Greek Catholic inhabitants in 1785, 157 in 1840, 184 in 1859, 282 in 1879, 178 in 1899, 170 in 1926 and 101 in 1936.

    The village name sadly means "troubles" which the geography relates comes from the strong, destructive winds in the area.

    Sources:
    Carpatho-Rusyn Knowledge Base (www.carpatho-rusyn.org).
    Slownik Geograficzny, 1883, Vol.4, page 189





    Copyright © 2017 A Village Cluster